Saturday, November 03, 2007

Simple Abundance



No trumpet sounds are made when the important decisions of our life are made
-Agnes de Mille

Let me quote from
Simple Abundance
by Sarah Ban Breathnach--a hit of a book that has changed the way we think about our blessings has found its way into my hands and heart. I picked it up in a library sale for a dollar. The Universe knows that I would not have bought it for $12., when it was hot a few years ago. But books have a way of finding you at the right place and time. Books can be divine messengers, specially for me, who looks for signs everywhere, including billboard signs and magazines.

This book and her sister sequel
Something More
, have been my mentors for the past weeks when I had to adjust to a new life away from my husband who is seeking work elsewhere.

Immediately I made an inventory of my life's assets: my health, a wonderful husband, a beautiful and happy daughter, our home. . .There's always plenty of good food and wine in the pantry. We are also blessed with many wonderful friends who care deeply about us and share our lives.

When I looked at my life's ledger, I realized I was a very rich woman. What I was experiencing was merely a temporary cash flow problem. Finally, I came to an inner awareness that my personal net worth could not possible be determined by the size of my checking account. Neither can be yours.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Minotte! Thanks for popping by my blog today. It's been a while! I was wondering how you have been doing and meant to drop you a quick message earlier. Hope you guys are all doing well :)

I noticed you've got quite an interesting collection of books! What did you think of "The Secret"? My cousin and his girlfriend gave me a copy a few weeks ago. I haven't finished it, but was wondering what you thought of the book.

Take care!
C

TOW Blog said...

Hi C,

Well, I would like to think that the Law of Attraction makes sense and I would also like to think that the Universe IS abundant.

It's a personal thing for everyone. Sometimes you just let is sit for a while until it makes sense.

How is for you?

Cathy B said...

wow this passage really spoke to me today ---
"When I looked at my life's ledger, I realized I was a very rich woman. What I was experiencing was merely a temporary cash flow problem. Finally, I came to an inner awareness that my personal net worth could not possible be determined by the size of my checking account. Neither can be yours."
thanks minotte!

tilamsik said...

BRAVO. So inspiring a message. Thanks, Rhea

Anonymous said...

hey, how delightful to see all of you here!!!

thanks for the comments!

minotte