Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nail Salon and Foot Spa

I interviewed Natural Nails owner Ming Nguyen for an article. Her salon is state-of-the-art, with no-pipe foot spas and massage chairs. Salts, scrubs, masks, and butters pamper your feet in aromatherapy fragrances like mango, peppermint, vanilla, milk and honey.

I was salivating already during the interview as my feet were longing for a foot spa and pedicure, when she took out cases of nail design. My cuticles kinda stood up like goosebumps and looked at the florals, crystals and stickers, set on perfect French manicured peds. I had to close my wide-opened mouth and snap myself out of my hallucinations of the times when my fingernails were just as buffed, shaped, and polished with frosted pastels complete with topcoat.





My friend, J, told me that she cried with her first manicure in New York. I can so understand exactly why.

On my third year here in the States, $14 for a spa manicure seems not be so daunting anymore. In fact, it seems small for massaging my feet and legs with salts and butters as that kind of papmering goes straight to the soul.

I can feel my fingers leading the way to that massage chair and foot spa too--very soon. $36-dollar, 45 minute foot spa? Perhaps on my birthday? Maybe tomorrow. Rest, assured, within this lifetime.

And if tears roll down my eyes, too, you can be sure, they will be tears of joy. I would then have joined the ranks of those who treat themselves to pleasures like these, because we now know we deserve it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You go for it Girl!

C

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Hosting a Frugal Christmas!!!
Come and Join us!
Gifts, Baking, decorating and MORE!
Nov 29!!! Spread the word!
http://nicholejordan.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-to-have-frugal-christmas-coming-nov.html