Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lost in World Market


Running out to do my errands and pay the bills, I was sidetracked and entered World Market in Brentwood yesterday. I have always passed World Market but I have not ventured in and Saturday after Thanksgiving seemed like a good time.

I was filled with excitement and wonder as I passed the first aisle, floor to ceiling-filled with art, prints, and framed work--from oil prints, to cloth cut-outs, to Asian inspired prints, to mirrors, to calligraphy-painting. I had to remind myself to keep my jaws closed as I browsed what I wished could adorn our white walls at home:




Soon, I was lost in the throw pillow section--where an array of all colors, textures and sizes and print were stacked in the tall shelves. There were floral ones, sequined ones, patchwork, and fine cotton--everything you need to make your couches and beds prettier and cozier:




I saw this colored capiz curtain for $34 and I wished it for my small patio corner for the summer.




The exotic Indian, African, and Asian bags and accessories reminded me of Virra Mall but in a most expensive way.



Leave it to the USA for a full spectrum of Christmas decors--from folk art, to ornate enough to wear as jewelry. These cost between $2 to 4 dollars, and at that time, buy one, get one free.




I found furniture that I quickly put on my wish list. If I had all the money in the world, I would buy this, this and this:







I spent an hour lost at World Market and came out unscathed. I bought a Pandan organizer for $14 to add to my Asian-themed desk collection and because I knew I couldn't buy the headboard for our bed. I knew I had to walk away soon. But I know I will be back even sooner.

Visit World Market and find out the many possibilities. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the colours and textiles! A true treat for the senses!