Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Apple Money



I am not one to part with my money easily. I'd rather put it in the bank and not have it earn anything that risk it.

My husband, though, likes to grow money. He convinced me to buy some Apple shares late last year. Acutally, he was hollering for us to buy since March when a share cost $70.

After some research, his forecast seemed logical. Apple was about to launch their iPhone and then they were developing the iPhone Nano. My husband was convinced that Apple would change the way the telecommunications game was played. We bought in July at $120. Last I looked, it hit the $200 per share level. Woohoo. . . We have earned $80 per share and at $240, we would have doubled our money. A far cry from the 2% earning per year at a savings bank.

We are leaving that money in there for the long haul-- for a dream Disney cruise for the whole family. Sometimes, when you want it so much, a window of opportunity opens up to make your dream a reality. This Apple money will be invested in priceless family vacations and memories.

I am glad I trusted my husband on this even if we have very different philosophies about money. And now that what he forecasted came true, I won't have to kill him! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:)

Happy New Year to you and your family, Minotte!