Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mukhang Taga-Manila

I came home to Manila looking older than usual, in my perennial ponytail, keeping my wavy and thick hair under control. I looked at these pictures, taken a couple of days after I came in, taken on my son's birthday, as he took us out to a fancy buffet:

Even my clothes looked old--not what I would usually wear if I were still in Manila. What was I thinking?!

I realized that I looked so different in this latter photo, taken after a rebonding and lots of massages and foot scrubs later:


Can you spot the difference/s? (Same two gorgeous boys, different mom in the middle).

The new hair style and cut made me look and feel several pounds lighter and a couple of years younger. Could it really be?

My cousin saw me after my salon rebonded hair and said my aura was different. Wow, talk about what a good haircut can do. It may take a while before I ponytail my hair ever again!

Well, let's take the good in every situation: It's nice to know that I can look old and chubby and no one really cares in the States. It's also nice that in Manila, there is promise of looking better for very cheap prices.

Here's another amazing make-over: My sis-in-law, S, took advantage of her vacation to run and get color and a good cut at her salon. My cousin, L, threw in the fashionista outfits, complete with beads and bangles. Her friend, M, did the make-up.

"Mukhang taga-Manila na ako!" said S, delighted at the results.






S before the make-over.






S after the make-over. Photo by me. Styling by L and M. Yipee!

2 comments:

Lia said...

Wow! Amazing makeovers! I am so glad you had fun. Kakaingit, sana we were all there together! Nice picture of Sylvia and you look, at least, 10 years younger. Do you keep flipping/shaking your head? hahaha. What was Mikko's comment? What about Chiara and Gabi's comment? Fun stuff. We miss Mikko and family here in NJ.

TOW Blog said...

hi lia:

oo nga, then we could have rebonded together! even chiara had her legs waxed, say mo? ang saya. i even got to see mikko everyday for 1 week!

they will be back soon, so maraming kuwento yon.

minotte