Thursday, May 10, 2007

If you can't afford a salon haircut. . . .

If you can't afford a salon haircut, learn how to cut your own hair.

I used to watch intently when the hairstylist used to cut my hair in Manila. I experimented on my sides and successfully layered my hair the way I want it. My mom, who always looking to shape her fine, curly, and short hair, was my most willing model. With my trusty pair of scissors, thinning scissors and combs, I set out to shape her hair.

From an awkward and dated short style, I thinned out the ends to grace her nape and left the top long so she can poof it to look thicker.

And voila. . . my professional results:




A more modern version of her short hair, with long and thin layers below.
This hairstyle can be styled in 5 minutes and when accessorized with the right earrings can take her to any occasion with confidence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very impressive, Minotte! Is there anything you can't do??? Amazing! :)