Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Free Summer Family Filmfest

There are free family movies shown at our local cinema every Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings. Check out the article and chedules here at the Antioch Press.

I took the younger kids to the movies. Magu and Selena saw Barnyard (PG) with Y. Syrel. Monica and I saw Charlotte's Web (G).




We navigated through day-campers, filed-trippers, special needs kids in wheelchairs, and moms/teachers passing out large buckets of popcorn to share. Seems like all the frugal moms were there, too!

It was such a fun time for Monica and I. She was free to ask many questions. Our seatmates did not mind that she had to go to the restroom. Crying infants were tolerated. The kids were free to squeal and clap with delight.

It was quite enjoyable for me, too--as the last time I watched Charlotte's Web was in it's original animated version when I was 8.

We then trouped to the nearest Baskin Robbins and availed of their $1 Tuesdays promo--every cone for a dollar versus $2.49.

I say, if we don't have much money, we should make a lot of time to spend with our kids. Great and frugal fun!

2 comments:

Senorito<- Ako said...

Re: Older post.
What is BART ?

TOW Blog said...

hi there senyorito. BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit, our version of mass transit.

hope things ae well over there in NZ!